Skip to main content
Environmental Health Complaints
Situations including open dumping, open burning, livestock runoff, open septic systems, improper disposal of dead animals, and rodent harborages are just a few of the concerns investigated by the Environmental Health Department staff in cooperation with the Iowa Department of Natural Resources and the Environmental Protection Agency.

Animal Confinement Complaints should be directed to the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.

Manure application and Runoff Complaints - 712-243-1934

Confinement Permit Information - 515/242-6128

Residents in cities should first check with their city officials to see if a local ordinance is in place to deal with a complaint situation. If there is no city ordinance, the county health ordinance would apply.
    Environmental Health

    608 N. Court St. Suite B
    Carroll, Iowa 51401

    We are located downstairs from the Department of Human Services Office off Court St. OR next to the Carroll County Public Health/Home Care Aide Service/Veteran’s Affairs office off the alley between Court St. and Clark St. The alley entrance is ADA compliant.

    Phone: 712-792-9532
    Cell: 712-830-1018
    Fax: 712-792-9537

    Office Hours:
    Monday - Friday
    8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

    Our work often means we are not always in the office.  Please call before traveling to the office in Carroll.

    Carey Kersey